After only 1 month of blogging, I am delighted to have been nominated for the Liebster Award 2017. I would like to thank Sarah for nominating me. Make sure to check out her blog here Wanderlust Writings which is filled with all things travel!
So, what is the Liebster Award?
Originating in Germany in 2011, the Liebster Award 2017 is an online award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster translates to sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award recognises new and upcoming bloggers that have the potential to grow and become successful influencers within the blogosphere.
10 Facts About Me
- I was awarded a scholarship to attend university (and I’m the first person in my family to ever go!)
- I met Michael Jackson when I was 12 in Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida
- I have been on TV as an audience member in the following shows: Take Me Out, Britain’s got Talent, Deal or No Deal, Celebrity Juice, Roast Battle
- I have travelled to 30 countries and counting
- I ate 3 chocolate bars a day for 20 years until I worked out I had consumed over 20,000 bars and spent £10,000! Now I’ve stopped, I’m saving that money in a travel account!
- I have completed a few volunteer projects including working at a sloth & monkey sanctuary in Costa Rica (blog post: Animal Rescue Centre), an elephant rescue centre in Thailand (blog post: Elephant Rescue Camp ) and a children’s orphanage in Bulgaria.
- I’m obsessed with the TV show Friends and have visited the set twice ( blog post: Friends Fest)
- I felt an earthquake in San Fran Cisco – 6.4 magnitude!
- I had a cholesteatoma when I was younger leaving me half deaf in my right ear
- I live and work in London as a Data Analyst and Big Data Engineer
1. What is one place you haven’t been that is on the top of your bucket list?
There are soooo many places I want to visit but Bali is at the top of my bucket list at the moment. Even more so, now that I will be collaborating with Halomi Trekker (Mt Rinjani Tour) when I am out there which is super exciting! As for a more extended travel adventure, I’d like to explore South America, in particular Peru and Brazil! I’m aiming to spend around 6 months there.
2. What is the most daring experience you’ve ever had? (For example: sky diving)
There are a few things that I’d describe as pretty thrilling. I climbed an active volcano in Guatemala and witnessed lava erupting from its crater which was insane. Check it out here: Volcano Hike. I also zip lined upside down through the Costa Rican jungle which I guess is quite daring! Sky diving is definitely on my list though.
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
As mentioned in my 10 facts, my proudest accomplishment was receiving a scholarship for university and being the first person in my family to attend. I studied Earth Sciences (Geology and Geoscience) and went on to do a Masters in Paleo & Astrobiology.
4. What’s your biggest fear?
Spiders. Without a doubt. Although, quite morbidly, I’m also really afraid of dying. Combine the two and I don’t even want to think about it. Death by spiders. Just no.
5. What’s a hidden talent you have?
I can play the piano up to grade 4 and have won lots of awards for Ballroom and Latin American Dancing.
6. What’s an activity, craft or sport that you want to learn how to do?
I’m fascinated by magic so would love to learn how to do some really cool magic tricks. I visited a magic show in Salou where they took a guy’s watch, clicked their fingers…and somehow it ended up in a lemon, that was inside a box hanging from the ceiling…..HOW?!
Task for nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions above.
- Nominate 5 blogs who you believe deserve to receive the award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.